We are on the hunt for a talented Web Developer to join our team.
Our dream candidate is both meticulous and customer focused. Able to support our lead developer in creating beautifully crafted websites and also a true customer service champion.
You’ll be assisting customers with changes to their websites and web applications and answering any questions they may have. You’ll also assist with estimating time for changes and to providing costs to customers.
We’re Rubber Cheese, an award-winning digital and web agency (based in Hertfordshire), dedicated to designing and building bespoke websites, web systems, digital applications and brand identities.
We work with a number of amazing local, national and global organisations spanning the visitor attraction, tourism and healthcare sectors. Our clients include Eureka! The National Children’s Museum, Plymouth Gin, Malt Whisky Distilleries, Visit Cambridge and the NHS.
Want to help build stunning websites for breathtaking national tourist attractions, mind blowing quantum computing startups, and global drinks brands? Then this is the place for you.
You’ll need to have:
- The ability to maintain small to complex websites and web applications written in WordPress, Laravel and CakePHP
- Good understanding of WordPress and Woocommerce
- Familiarity with Bitbucket, Git and the etiquette that comes with that
Optional but desirable skills you’ll have:
- Server/Linux administration
- Experience with NodeJS/Gulp/Webpack
- Experience with Vue JS
- Experience with SQL and being able to help customers with database queries if they require pieces of data
- Experience with working with third party systems e.g. Salesforce, Sage etc
Ideally you’ll be based from our studio in Sawbridgeworth. We offer flexible working (with the option to work from home 2 days a week)
We take our values seriously and we want to work with people who share them (you can have a look at them here).
At Rubber Cheese, it’s important you are a…
- Terrific communicator – you can clearly and confidently share ideas with colleagues and clients
- Team player – you’re respectful of others and willing to do the best for the team
- Timekeeper – you’re organised and can manage your time effectively on your own
We can offer you:
- Flexible working hours
- No daily commute to London
- Training opportunities to develop your skills
- Inspiration days – get two extra paid days of annual leave, spent doing something that inspires you
- Monthly takeaway
- Frequent team socials
- Birthday celebrations, both for your real birthday and your company birthday
- No more working on Christmas Eve ever again, plus the legendary Christmas party
- Team pension scheme
- Beautifully renovated office environment, high ceilings, large windows offering plenty of natural light
- Onsite shower – we’re right next to the river, perfect for a walk or jog on your lunch break
- 21 days holiday + paid time off over the festive break
- Free parking
Salary: £20-£25k dependant on experience
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your CV
- A short cover letter to tell us why you’re the right person for this job
- Examples of your work and your GitHub (if you have one)
No agencies please. Look, we’re busy – the constant phone calls really distract the team so please, no agencies on this one thanks.