Rubber Cheese is a web design and development agency that works with amazing national and global brands, such as Eureka! The National Children’s Museum, Plymouth Gin and Pernod Ricard.
Our award-winning bespoke systems, engaging websites and digital applications help improve conversions, save resources and increase sales for our partners. It’s been our mission since 2003 to create remarkable online systems, websites and applications that make life better for everyone. We’re committed to producing exceptional work, always staying true to our core value of being extraordinary.
Due to our rapid growth, we’re searching for a Digital Project Manager who’s highly organised, responsible, client-focused and deadline driven.
The right candidate will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of projects on time and on budget with the project team, as well as delivering exceptional service to our partners.
You’ll have a keen eye for detail and be a natural problem solver. Identifying risks, problems and managing client expectations will be second nature, along with maximising team productivity by scheduling, delegating and tracking tasks and time. Being able to work with a positive attitude and taking control of multiple projects in a fast-paced agency is a must.
This is a truly unique career opportunity. Working alongside a team of digital experts, there’s plenty of room for an individual to enhance their skills and develop professionally.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing schedules, project deliverables, budgets and overall project organisation
- Creating project plans, milestones and Gantt charts as part of the project management process
- Management of digital projects of various sizes from brief to delivery
- Monitoring the day to day activities of project teams, ensuring work is progressing as planned
- Ensuring team are logging time efficiently
- Monitoring support and ensuring SLA’s are being met
- Building and maintaining superb relationships with existing and new clients
- Identifying potential risks, scope creep to projects and proactively suggesting and implementing solutions
- Continual improvement and implementation of the project management process
- The role involves some management of accounts under Service Level Agreements, following the delivery of a project
- Communicating with company directors, designers, developers, suppliers and client partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills, keen to adapt and learn new ones
- Self-motivated with excellent attention to detail
- Multi-tasking and time management skills – highly able to manage workloads and meet deadlines
- Responsible and proactive decision maker with a positive attitude and friendly outlook
- Great mac and web skills – experience of Trello, HubSpot, Google Docs/Sheets/Slides preferable
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Previous experience in digital project management or working with creative teams
- Excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills to build and maintain long term client relationships – be reliable, energetic, pro-active and personable
- Strong ability to understand client requests and briefs, schedule and manage project deliverables
- Solid understanding of the web industry, with strong hands-on experience in large scale design and development projects
- Excellent understanding of multi-platform design, UX, IA, agile and waterfall development, e-commerce, API’s, hosting and server technology
We can offer you:
- Flexible working hours
- No daily commute to London
- Training opportunities to develop your skills
- Inspiration days – two extra days of annual leave, spent doing something that inspires you, on us
- Free monthly takeaway
- Frequent team socials
- Birthday celebrations, both for your real birthday and your company birthday
- 21 days paid holiday per year plus no more working on Christmas Eve or the Christmas break ever again
- Team pension scheme