Due to exciting new project wins, we’re on the hunt for a talented WordPress Developer.
Our dream candidate is both meticulous and innovative – able to leverage different technologies to produce beautifully crafted websites.
We’re Rubber Cheese, an award-winning digital and web agency (based in Hertfordshire), dedicated to designing and building bespoke websites, web systems, digital applications and brand identities.
We work with a number of amazing local, national and global organisations spanning the visitor attraction, tourism and healthcare sectors. Our clients include Eureka! The National Children’s Museum, Plymouth Gin, Malt Whisky Distilleries, Visit Cambridge and the NHS.
Want to build stunning websites for breathtaking national tourist attractions, mind blowing quantum computing startups, and global drinks brands? Then this is the place for you.
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrable experience leading on large-scale and complex WordPress development projects
- Knowledgeable on WordPress security and performance best practices
- Experienced working with WooCommerce and ACF
- Good PHP skills, with the ability to develop custom PHP solutions within WordPress
- Excellent front end skills, able to accurately reproduce Sketch designs to responsive and accessible websites
- Able to wield CSS to produce smooth transitions and UX interactions
- A creative mind, someone who actively contributes and pushes our websites to the next level utilising their own ideas
- Experience using Sass / Gulp / Webpack or similar
- Familiarity with Bitbucket and Git
- Ideally you’ll be based from our studio in Sawbridgeworth, but we are also open to a remote working option
Nice to have skills:
- Knowledge of Laravel or a similar PHP framework
- Experience working with REST APIs
We take our values seriously and we want to work with people who share them (you can have a look at them here).
At Rubber Cheese, it’s important you are a…
- Terrific communicator – you can clearly and confidently share ideas with colleagues and clients
- Team player – you’re respectful of others and willing to do the best for the team
- Timekeeper – you’re organised and can manage your time effectively on your own
We can offer you:
- Flexible working hours
- No daily commute to London
- Training opportunities to develop your skills
- Inspiration days – get two extra paid days of annual leave, spent doing something that inspires you
- Monthly takeaway
- Frequent team socials
- Birthday celebrations, both for your real birthday and your company birthday
- No more working on Christmas Eve ever again, plus the legendary Christmas party
- Team pension scheme
- Beautifully renovated office environment, high ceilings, large windows offering plenty of natural light
- Onsite shower – we’re right next to the river, perfect for a walk or jog on your lunch break
- 21 days holiday + paid time off over the festive break
- Free parking
Salary: £30-£45k dependant on experience
To apply, please email email@example.com with:
- Your CV
- A cover letter to tell us why you’re the right person for this job
- Examples of your work
No agencies please. Look, we’re busy – the constant phone calls really distract the team so please, no agencies on this one thanks.