Rubber Cheese is on the lookout for a Junior Developer to help with our expanding client base and company growth.
You’re looking to develop your skills and work on some really exciting projects. Based in our Sawbridgeworth offices, you’ll be working closely with our lead developer Liam, our creative director Paul and the rest of our fabulous team on diverse, creative projects for local, national and global brands.
So if you’re a passionate, detailed, talented junior, who’s full of energy and enthusiasm, with a desire to develop in a positive and creative environment, then you could be the missing cheese from our board.
- Good HTML/CSS skills, you can take a design and produce a near perfect reproduction in the browser. You’ll have some awareness of responsive design and optimisation techniques. You should also be aware of browser rendering differences and techniques for resolving compatibility issues with your code
- Basic PHP skills, we’re not expecting you to build the next Laravel or even know how to use an MVC framework. But you’ll know basic programming and you can write functional and testable code
- You must have a passion for the web, it’s a tough industry that’s constantly changing so you need to keep up. You’ll need the desire to learn and code outside of work and really develop your skills
- WordPress experience, you’ve either created a website using WordPress or you’re familiar with the admin area and can create new pages and posts
- CSS pre-processing – you’ve used a pre-processor e.g. Sass or Less
- MVC Framework – you’ve used a framework such as CakePHP, CodeIgniter or Laravel
What we can offer you:
- The chance to grow in a great environment, a team that you’ll enjoy working with and projects that will test your skills and provide you with an opportunity to learn new skills
- Monthly takeaway day!
- Team days out; it could be a pub lunch, cycling around London or getting merry on the Christmas do
- No commute in to London! Well maybe sometimes when we’re visiting a client, but no daily tube ride in the rat infested tunnels
- Fresh air, a river view and the Shed Coffee Shop
- Never ending supply of biscuits
- Rubber Cheese birthdays – as well as celebrating your own personal birthdays, we also celebrate your Rubber Cheese birthday!
Salary – £16k to £24k depending on experience.
Drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and any relevant work.
NO AGENCIES (please).