Rubber Cheese is an award-winning web design and development agency, based in Hertfordshire and Cambridge, dedicated to designing and building bespoke websites, web systems, digital applications and brand identities. We’ve worked for a number of amazing local, national and global brands, spanning the food, drink, hospitality and healthcare sectors. No matter the project, we’re committed to producing exceptional work, always staying true to our values of being: honest, extraordinary, collaborative and driven.
It’s an exciting time for Rubber Cheese; due to our rapid growth, we’re looking to expand the team! We’re looking for an ambitious graduate web developer with enthusiasm to learn and a desire to become an integral team member. The role will involve working with the lead developer on web projects and activities to develop your skills as a web developer.
This is a truly unique career opportunity. Working alongside a growing team of digital experts, there’s plenty of room for an individual to enhance their skills and develop professionally.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assist with projects, including converting PSDs to HTML and CSS.
- Developing websites using WordPress and Laravel
- Design and run tests
- Maintenance and support of existing projects
- Actively contribute and support the team in all of our activities
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Knowledge of how the web works
- The ability to code with HTML and CSS
- Experience of converting Photoshop designs to HTML/CSS
- Good knowledge of programming fundamentals
- The ability to code with a server side scripting language, preferably PHP
- A real team player
- Keen to learn and develop your skills
- Able to handle a varied workload whilst maintaining quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to solve complex problems and enjoy being challenged
Advantage if experienced with (but not essential):
- Experience using an MVC framework, ideally Laravel
- Experience using Git version control
We can offer you:
- Training opportunities to develop your skills
- Inspiration days where you get two extra paid days of annual leave, spent doing something that inspires you
- No daily commute to London (you can thank us later)
- Monthly takeaway
- Frequent team socials
- Birthday celebrations, both for your real birthday and your Rubber Cheese birthday
- No more working on Christmas Eve ever again, plus the legendary Christmas party
- Team pension scheme
Salary: £22k – £25k depending on experience.
Job Type: Full-time